|Product Eligibility Information:
Qualified products or services must be purchased, and then your vouchers for those purchases may be redeemed for cash. For information as to what products or services may be purchased with Iowa School Microsoft Settlement vouchers, click on the product list links below.
Eligible and Ineligible Products and Services (Excel): Click here. Last updated: 04/01/2015.
*Note that software subscriptions will only be reimbursed up to the end date of the Iowa School Microsoft Settlement, which is June 30, 2017. Any software subscriptions that extend beyond that date will be prorated.
Schools and districts are encouraged to contact the Settlement Claims Administrator prior to making purchases if there is any ambiguity about the eligibility of a product or service. Do NOT guess or assume a product or service is eligible as this exposes the district to financial liability.
If claiming software that is eligible for reimbursement with Software Vouchers but is not itemized on the invoice because it was preinstalled as part of a new computer purchase, note on the invoice which software products were preinstalled. The Settlement Claims Administrator will reimburse each such eligible preinstalled software title on the Software Voucher using the approved standard prices below.
| • Microsoft Office for Mac||$50 |
| • Microsoft Office Pro for Mac||$62|
| • Microsoft Windows (including Vista)||$59|
| • Microsoft Office Standard||$50|
| • Microsoft Office Enterprise||$79|
| • Microsoft Office Pro||$62|
| • Mac OS X||$69|
| • iLife '06 or '08 Suite||$39|
To redeem the preinstalled software using the Software Voucher, the software must be specified and approved in the building application.
Example: An eligible school purchases a new computer for $800 including a Windows operating system that is not itemized on the invoice with a price. The school may redeem $800 from the General Purpose Voucher, or they may redeem the standard price for Windows of $59 on the Software Voucher and the remaining $741 on the General Purpose Voucher.
|Product Eligibility Inquiries:
If you wish to inquire about the eligibility of products or services, submit an email inquiry to ClaimsAdmin@IowaSchoolMicrosoftSettlement.com. In your email, include the following information:
- Your name, title and telephone number.
- AEA number and district number (e.g., 22-9201).
- The specific name of the product or service.
- For hardware products, identify the manufacturer.
- For software products, identify the publisher and state whether it is for use on a laptop, desktop or server.
- For IT support services, include the name of the provider and the name of the products procured through this Settlement that will be installed or maintained.
- For professional development (PD) services, include the name of the provider, name of the PD event, summary of the content, name of the products procured through this Settlement that are the focus of the PD (if applicable), and if products will be provided to participants as part of the PD include the product name and manufacturer.
- Also include the reason for any ambiguity about the eligibility of the products or services submitted for reimbursement.
An email response, including a confirmation number, will be sent to you within seven to ten business days.
Please be sure to set any email filter you may be using to allow incoming e-mail from ClaimsAdmin@IowaSchoolMicrosoftSettlement.com.
Confirmation numbers are not required for redemption of vouchers. They are provided solely for the convenience of the school districts.